Friday, January 19, 2007

Meeting parting meeting parting….

Science & Tech is supposed to simplify our lives. Its main aim is to make our lives easier, happier & more comfortable and it’s anybody’s guess that the reality is absolutely opposite. We are more prone to tensions, diseases, discomforts and dangers than our previous generations. There sure are better people than me to talk about the ‘technical’ or ‘technological’ hazards we are facing today. What’s bothering me today is the psychological aspect of it. What mental effect does sci/tech have on us? Atleast one aspect of it is that our “social” circle has lost its boundaries.

Meeting and parting is the way of life…
In earlier times, we had to believe that once parted we wont meet again, which is sad, but which is so good too. We just needed to “live for the moment” and then forget everything. Do whatever you want without thinking about future. Your past would never reflect on you again and hence you are absolutely free! Every time you are free to start relationships afresh without any tensions of past goof-ups/ experiences. So, meeting & parting was such a great way of life!!

It’s a small world…
With the development of communication channels & all ‘izations’ happening, the probability of re-meeting people increased. Now we were just not sure if we are parting for ever. There grew a possibility of planned or unplanned meeting in future. So we started becoming cautious. If not all “well & good”, atleast we tried to end on a good note (so we prevent future embarrassments). But still, we could fairly believe that we would not meet atleast 90% of people we part with.

The ORKUT world…
Now has come the time of all misery and trouble. We are creating a web of ‘contacts’ in our life. Each and every person whom I left in history is coming back now. So much so that people I had met for a few months.. or weeks or just once(!!) are coming back and they talk as if we never lost touch. (and btw… many of them fan you too)

By friends I mean a bunch of few guys I relate with.. like to spend time with.. and can share my thought with. Do I need hundreds of “friends” for that? I really don’t think so. Another problem that has risen is that now I cannot part with people. Would that mean I’ll just keep adding “friends” all my life? And when I’ll die there would be almost a national mourning?

The problem is not as simple as it sounds. Now I have to watch my every word, every action and every thought because there is nothing like “buried in the past”. The mistakes I did when I was 8 can ruin me when I’ll be 80! And that means I have to please everybody now. For God’s sake… how can I please everybody at the same time? Previously it was so easy to just let go. But now this attitude can have lethal repercussions. Imagine.. I slapped a girl in kindergarten and my wife calls me misogynist for that!

No… I am not blabbering… this is not just a bizarre fad… today I “met” a guy with whom I explored my genitals in my early adolescence!! Imagine the level of my embarrassment! I mean we didn’t do anything as such... you know what I mean. I can’t say or think more about that. I’ll throw up.

SOS!! Please give me a permanent way to part with friends!

3 comments:

See Bee said...

haha..for one..dont do stupid things in ur childhood...watch that movie 'the butterfly effect'''perhaps u can undo these stupid mistakes ;)

for another...DENY anything from the past ur 'friends' bring up....if ur early adolescent frends suddenly decides to scrap u on the 'fun' stuff u did..just PRETEND like u have no clue what he is talking about./.making him sound like a cuckoo

of course...how u n ur 'conscience' deal with it is a different story altogether ;)

See Bee said...

i dont like u blog template..pls to change it

Anonymous said...

heh.. I support Trauma Queen.. ;-)

this sure is real embarassing. :)